This page lists organizations that we are aware of that own or manage or market multiple programs that are in the FamilyLight area of interest. In addition we list organizations that hold a number of programs in the public sector and perhaps just one of interest to FamilyLight. However, insight into the values and operation of a parent group may give insight into the individual facility. All are subject to review. Those major providers that have a search post, have that in lieu of search posts on each individual program in that organization. We have no current plans to grade or rate these provider groups. In some cases, the relationship between the organization listed here and the individual schools and programs associated with it is not ownership. It may be a management contract or a marketing consortium. But we at FamilyLight believe that the organizations listed here are in every case responsible for quality standards the programs we find are associated with it, and in some cases. we do not believe they live up to that expectation.
The following is a key to abbreviations and notes on entries. All of these also appear on each of the individual "letter" pages in our index.
- M=Member Access only
- P=Public Access
- A=Archived, not current.
- S=Search Post –Members only
- IN=Introduction to a review if current; very limited review if old — Public Access
- RM=Review — Members only access.
- RP=Review — Public Access
The following are the major organizations known to us.
- Acadia Healthcare: CRC Health was acquired by Acadia Health Care early in 2015.CRC Health included he remnants of what had been Aspen Education. Many other properties listed in our Index were owned by Acadia prior to the acquisition of CRC Health. Historically we had not identified Acadia ownership of properties mentioned on this website. However, a full listing of Acadia programming is available on Acadia's website.(verified October 8, 2015). Reports say that part of the purchase from Bain Capital (see below) was paid in Acadia Healthcare stock, which means that Bain is now a major and apparently influential investor in Acadia.
- American Residential Treatment Association (ARTA) http://www.artausa.org This is an organization of about forty Residential Treatment Centers, not a chain of programs.
- Aspen Education (IN) Full Review Acquired by CRC Health some years ago; CRC acquired by Acadia Healthcare early in 2015 (date based on closing; acquisition agreed to and announced publicly in 2014.
- Aspiro Group
- Bain Capital See CRC Health below or Acadia Healthcare or Aspen Education above. http://www.baincapital.com. With the purchase of CRC Health by Acadia Healthcare (above), purchased in part with Acadia stock, Bain apparently has a major and influential financial interest in Acadia.
- Best Christian Boarding Schools (Marketing/ Promotional Group --We are very surprised at one of the schools in their group being presented a Christian School. Careful inquiry of schools listed as to faith foundations is strongly recommended) http://bestchristianboardingschools.com
- Care Group Healthcare System (EXP)
- Centers for Adolescent Recovery and Education (C.A.R.E) (EXP)
- CERTS (IN) http://certsgroup.com
- CRC Health (IN) Full Review (M) http://www.crchealth.com
- Devereux Foundation (S) Archived Review http://www.devereux.org/site/PageServer
- Discovery /Redcliff /Oxbow Group (EXP)
- Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. (EXP)
- Elements Behavioral Health http://www.elementsbehavioralhealth.com (Not affiliated with Elements Wilderness)
- Evoke Therapy (Has Acquired Entrada and Cascade from Second Nature) http://evoketherapy.com
- Family Help and Wellness (IN)
- Family Support Collaborative (EXP)
- Heritage Youth Services (EXP)
- Independent Small Programs Alliance (Marketing/ Promotional Group) http://ispaaac.com
- InnerChange (formerly Solacium) (IN, A) http://www.innerchange.com
- MAP Recovery Network Presents self as a program to assess a client and then refer to member treatment programs. Their list of participating programs is on their website; none is a program we are likely to recommend (one and only one might be our recommendation but not typically) https://mapnetwork.com
- Mid Atlantic Alliance of Schools and Programs (Marketing consortium) http://terry-columbus.squarespace.com
- National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) http://natsap.org An Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs, as the name suggests.
- Origins Behavioral Health https://www.originsrecovery.com
- Psychiatric Solutions, Inc. (A) This company has been Acquired by Universal Health Services, Inc. See entry below.
- Pyramid Healthcare http://www.pyramidhealthcarepa.com
- Q & A Associates http://qa-associates.com
- Redcliff /Discovery / Oxbow Group (EXP)
- RiverMend http://www.rivermendhealth.com
- Second Nature Wilderness Programs (IN,A)
- Sequel Youth and Family Services (Three Springs) (EXP)
- Seven Hills Foundation (EXP)
- Solacium (now InnerChange) (IN, A) http://www.innerchange.com
- Sovereign Health Group http://www.sovhealth.com
- Starr Commonwealth (EXP)
- Teen Challenge USA (EXP)
- Three Springs, Inc. (now Sequel Youth and Family Services) (EXP)
- Universal Health Services, Inc (IN) Full Review (M)
- Utah Youth Village
- Vision Quest http://www.vq.com
- Vista Treatment Centers http://vistatc.com
- Worldwide Association of Specialty Programs (WWASP) (EXP)
- Youth Village (Utah)
- Youth Villages (operates in several states; home office is Tennessee)
Please read our full disclaimer. You are responsible for verifying our information before acting on it.
See also Major Provider Organizations archive in the Old Format.
Go back to Program Reviews
Go to Index To Schools, Programs and Other Entities or to a specific first letter in that Index:
Last updated December 30, 2016