“Twelve Step” approach to recovery from addiction is probably the best known and most frequently accessed resource for addiction. With great respect for twelve step approaches, we also point out that it does have some limitations and has been the object of some controversy. You will see the details of these limitations and this controversy of you go to the full article.
Please read our full disclaimer. You are responsible for verifying our information before acting on it.
- Go to Full Article on Twelve Step Resources (Member/ Subscriber Access only)
- You can see older writing on this in the old format guidelines, especially section on New Definition of Addiction.
- See related article on Twelve Step Alternatives
- See related article on Destructive Battle over Recovery Methods
- See related article on History of Differences over Addiction Treatment
- See related article on The Seven Challenges
- See related article on Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change and TTM
- See related article on Harm Reduction Model
- Return to Topics of Interest -- under Meeting Special Needs
- Return to Issues of Concern -- under Virtual Consultant
- ASAM Definition of Addiction
Much more comprehensive list of relevant links on Introduction to main article on Substance Abuse and Addiction
Last Updated Aprils 11, 2018