The terms in the title of this page and a number of others are term that many professionals use as if they admit if standard definitions and people using them knowledgeably all mean the same thing. Sadly this is not the case, and this fact tends to lead to serious confusion. However these terms do NOT have definitions that are universally accepted and the incautious use of any of these can lead to trouble.
We will, over time, develop explanations of the following terms in this website:
- Inpatient See full essay. Link below.
- Residential See full essay. Link below.
- Residential Treatment Center See full essay. Link below.
- Residential Treatment Facility See full essay. Link below.
- Therapeutic School See full essay. Link below.
- Emotional Growth and Emotional Growth School
- Wilderness Program
- Therapeutic Wilderness Program
- Transitional School
- Conventional Boarding School
Keep in mind that these terms all have varying meanings to different people and in different jurisdictions.
See our full essay on this topic. (Members)
Last updated September 30 2017