For instruction on how to use this page, please click here.
Please note that we report what we believe to be true as of the date we entered the information, but we are not responsible for errors and oversights. We do not have perfect information on every school and program listed. We know that schools and programs listed here belong in categories we have not assigned and/or should have been tagged where we have not simply because we did not know about the applicable trait. Please let us know if you see such oversights.
Reader is responsible for verifying all information before acting on it. In case of serous doubt we prefer to err on the side of not listing a characteristic of a program. Remember that conditions in programs change.
Search Outline Part II
Diagnoses, Conditions, and Symptoms
- Adoption Issues (tag)
- Anxiety Disorders (tag)
- Attachment (tag)
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorders, including Aspergers and Severe NLD Higher Functioning (tag)
- ASD lower functioning (tag)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (tag)
- Conduct Disorder/ Antisocial (tag)
- Criminal or Juvenile record acceptable (tag) Category applies if providing service for people with criminal history is a focus of the mission of the school or program; tag applies if FamilyLight is aware that criminal history is not a total unqualified exclusionary criterion. (Added January 22, 2014. Older Search posts might not include this)
- Cutting/Self Harm (tag)
- Developmentally Disabled -- Intellectually impaired (tag)
- Diabetes (tag)
- Eating Disorders (tag) Distinguished from Overeating/ Obesity
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and/or Fetal Alcohol Effect (tag)
- Grief and Loss (tag) Category applies if the program seeks admission for this reason apart from any other admission indicator; tag applies if the school or program claims ability to treat/ support grief and loss.
- Learning Disability (tag) Read Definition carefully. Category: Accepts Learning Disability students WHO MIGHT HAVE NO OTHER SPECIFIC DIAGNOSIS, but might be more challenging behaviorally than would be welcome at many schools that identify as Learning Disability Schools. Tag: The tag is limited to programs that fit the category and/or programs that specifically and intentionally modify therapeutics and/or behavioral management based upon diagnosed learning disability.
- Mood disorders including bipolar (tag)
- Non substance addictions (tag)
- The four items that follow, as categories, only apply if a specific program with specific protocol or curriculum targeting this issue is offered. If the school or program may be helpful to the issue but does not have a specific protocol or curriculum, it that school will have the tag but not be included in the category.
- Oppositional and Defiant (tag)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (tag)
- Physical Aggression (tag)
- Prader-Willi Syndrome (tag)
- Substance abuse and substance addiction (tag)
- Severe ADD/ ADHD (tag)
- Sexual Reactivity (tag) Distinguished from Sexual Addiction (above)
- Sexual Perpetration (tag)
- Thought disorders, psychosis, schizophrenia (tag)
- Trauma, PTSD (tag)
- Traumatic Brain Injury -- TBI (tag) Category applies if a focused program if TBI is a focus of the program or special programming is offered for TBI patients. Tag applies if TBI patients might be constructively accommodated within a more generic program. (Added January 22, 2014. Older Search posts might not include this)
Note: If the Category or tag you select produces a long list, not all will appear at once. At the very bottom of the page that appears you will find in the lower left corner, “<< Older posts.” Click on that to see additional schools and programs applicable to that category or tag. You may need to do this several time in order to see all applicable search posts.
Last updated July 13, 2014