For instruction on how to use this page, please click here.
Please note that we report what we believe to be true as of the date we entered the information, but we are not responsible for errors and oversights. We do not have perfect information on every school and program listed. We know that schools and programs listed here belong in categories we have not assigned and/or should have been tagged where we have not simply because we did not know about the applicable trait. Please let us know if you see such oversights.
Reader is responsible for verifying all information before acting on it. In case of serous doubt we prefer to err on the side of not listing a characteristic of a program. Remember that conditions in programs change.
Search Outline Part IV
- Education Services (tag)
- A school or a program that includes a school (tag)
- Attendance at college classes off campus (tag)
- Classroom with different students working on different goals (tag)
- Clients/ residents attend off campus school (tag) Selecting this option means that students will (category) or might (tag) be allowed to attend an off campus school or college as appropriate, subject to being able to do so safely and appropriately.
- Attend public elementary or secondary school off campus as appropriate (tag) This option is selected when the customary manner of giving access to education services is attendance at a school or college away from the program being searched and that school or program is not part of the program being searched. Category applies when that applies to all students; tag when it applies to most but perhaps not all.
- College credit on campus (tag)
- Credit Recovery (tag) Category applies if Credit recovery is part of the stated mission of the educational program; tag applies if credit recovery appears to FamilyLight to be a possibility.
- Distance learning (tag)
- Experiential Learning (tag) Category applies only if pedagogic style is exclusively experiential; Tag applies if Experiential learning is frequently a part of what is offered.
- Extracurricular Activites (tag)
- GED opportunity (tag)
- Regular high School diploma (tag)
- Special education services (tag)
- Standard Classroom (tag) This refers to a classroom that may be very small and very supportive or with unusual approaches to teaching, but with a group of students and at least one teacher working on the same material together. Selecting this does not imply that there is no special help or deviation from the public school classroom of thirty + students and a teacher.
- SEVIS approved (tag)
- Vocational offering/ Option (tag)
Note: If the Category or tag you select produces a long list, not all will appear at once. At the very bottom of the page that appears you will find in the lower left corner, “<< Older posts.” Click on that to see additional schools and programs applicable to that category or tag. You may need to do this several time in order to see all applicable search posts.
Last updated January 22, 2014